In the past year, our attorneys have made dozens of trips throughout the United States to assist clients exposed to toxic materials, such as asbestos, while living and working in New York State. Because diseases, such as mesothelioma, typically have a latency period of approximately ten to fifty years between initial exposure to asbestos and the development of this deadly disease, symptoms may first begin to surface long after a worker has retired and moved out of state.
Our attorneys have criss-crossed the country during the past several months representing clients in their lawsuits against manufacturers of asbestos products. If one of our clients was exposed to asbestos at a job site anywhere in the State of New York, but is now living in, for example, Washington State, one of our attorneys will travel to his home to prosecute a lawsuit. This year alone, our attorneys have traveled to eight different states representing clients who were at one time employed at five different New York job sites :
- Durez Plastics in North Tonawanda, NY – Boston, MA; Myrtle Beach, SC; and Newburgh, NY to represent clients from Durez.
- Diemolding Corporation in Canastota, NY –
- St. Petersburg, FL and Hartford, CT.
- Navy Cases – Portland, OR, Richland, WA and Raleigh, NC.
- Chevy Foundry – Holland, MI.
- Pohlman Foundry – Charlotte, NC.
- Eastman Kodak – Ocala, FL.