ABEX-Corporation (Medina, NY)

The Abex Corporation first appeared in 1928 serving primarily as a metals foundry. Over the course of the Corporation’s life, it opened a manufacturing facility located at 3928 Bates Road, Medina, New York, as a manufacturer of brakes and wheels. As time passed, the Abex Corporation continued to manufacture brakes until it was purchased by […]

Read More

Monro Muffler Brake, Inc.

Monro Muffler Brake Inc., was founded in Rochester, New York, in 1957 by Charles J. August. Initially, Monro was a franchise of another automotive service company, Midas Muffler.  As service needs evolved, Mr. August expanded his business to include brake repair and other automotive services.  In 1966, Mr. August ended his franchise agreement with Midas […]

Read More

New Venture Gear

New Venture Gear, also known as New Process Gear, was a large automobile parts manufacturing facility in Syracuse, New York. Established in 1886 as a leather tannery, New Venture Gear manufactured automotive transmissions and transfer cases as the automobile grew in popularity during the early 1900s. The Chrysler Corporation purchased the plant in 1955, and […]

Read More

General Motors Plants

United States Fremont, California South Gate, California Van Nuys, California Wilmington, Delaware Doraville, Georgia Lakewood, Georgia Anderson, Indiana Bedford, Indiana Indianapolis, Indiana Marion, Indiana Muncie, Indiana Roanoke, Indiana Sioux City, Iowa Fairfax, Kansas Bowling Green, Kentucky Shreveport, Louisiana Baltimore, Maryland White Marsh, Maryland Framingham, Massachusetts Bay City, Michigan Delta Township, Michigan Detroit, Michigan Flint, Michigan […]

Read More

GM Central Foundry

General Motor’s Central Foundry Division, now a part of GM Powertrain, was founded in 1917, in Saginaw, Michigan, by sixteen men as the Saginaw Malleable Iron Company. Foundries melt iron ore, steel and other ingredients in order to create various parts used to make cars, specifically car engines. Two years after it was established, the […]

Read More

Goodyear Tire & Rubber

In 1947, the Pathfinder Chemical Company, a subsidiary of Goodyear Tire & Rubber, constructed a chemical plant at the corner of 56th Street and Baker Avenue in Niagara Falls, New York. The plant consisted of ten buildings on twenty-three acres of land, and it manufactured vinyl resins and chemical additives used in the production of […]

Read More

Harrison Radiator

Harrison Radiator was established in 1910 by Herbert Harrison in Lockport, New York.  During its first years of operation, the company was located in a small building on Canal Street. In 1914, Harrison Radiator moved to a facility on Washburn Street that consisted of five buildings, which became known as the Main Plant. The company […]

Read More

Ford Stamping Plant

The Ford Stamping Plant is located along the shores of Lake Erie at 3663 S. Lake Shore Road in Hamburg, New York. The plant opened its doors in 1950 and has continuously manufactured sheet metal stampings including, quarter panels, roofs, doors, hoods, floor pans and body sides. The labor force at this plant consists of […]

Read More

Ford Plant Locations

United States Long Beach, California Milpitas, California Pico Rivera, California Richmond, California Atlanta, Georgia Hapeville, Georgia Chicago, Illinois Louisville, Kentucky Somerville, Massachusetts Allen Park, Michigan Dearborn, Michigan Flat Rock, Michigan Livonia, Michigan Northville, Michigan Romeo, Michigan Sterling Heights, Michigan Wayne, Michigan Wixom, Michigan Woodhaven, Michigan Ypsilanti, Michigan St. Paul, Minnesota Claycomo, Missouri Hazelwood, Missouri Kansas […]

Read More

Delco Rochester Products Division

Delco Rochester Products Division manufactured carburetors, fuel injectors, valves, tubing, locks, keys and various other parts for General Motors automobile brands. In 1938, General Motors constructed a facility on Lexington Avenue in Rochester, New York, and in 1939, this facility became headquarters for the new Delco Rochester Products Division. Over the next fifty years, Delco […]

Read More

Chevrolet Buffalo

Chevrolet Buffalo, which was in operation from 1923 to 2007, was one of the oldest continuously operated manufacturing facilities in Western New York. Located at 1001 East Delevan Avenue near Bailey Avenue, it opened in 1923 as a Chevrolet assembly plant. Civilian production of the passenger automobile halted during World War II. After the war […]

Read More

General Motors Plants

United States Fremont, California South Gate, California Van Nuys, California Wilmington, Delaware Doraville, Georgia Lakewood, Georgia Anderson, Indiana Bedford, Indiana Indianapolis, Indiana Marion, Indiana Muncie, Indiana Roanoke, Indiana Sioux City, Iowa Fairfax, Kansas Bowling Green, Kentucky Shreveport, Louisiana Baltimore, Maryland White Marsh, Maryland Framingham, Massachusetts Bay City, Michigan Delta Township, Michigan Detroit, Michigan Flint, Michigan […]

Read More