In recent years, former employees of Bethlehem Steel have developed and died of mesothelioma, lung cancer and other asbestos-related diseases. Individuals who worked in the steel industry were at high risk for exposure to asbestos and coke oven emissions. Asbestos was utilized throughout the Bethlehem Steel Lackawanna Plant and could also be found in workers’ protective clothing. Workers who handled asbestos materials or were in the vicinity of others who did were at a high risk for injurious exposure, and at risk for developing mesothelioma, lung cancer and other asbestos-related diseases. Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos dust and fibers.
In addition to asbestos exposure, those who worked on top of, or alongside coke oven batteries are at a substantially increased risk for developing lung cancer and other cancers. Coke oven emissions are composed of gases and dust which are harmful to your lungs and skin.
In the process of representing workers and their families, we have gathered a vast amount of information concerning coke oven emissions and the type and variety of asbestos containing products to which our clients were exposed. Our clients understand the importance of securing legal representation as soon as possible after a diagnosis of mesothelioma or lung cancer. If you or a loved one were once employed at Bethlehem Steel in Lackawanna, NY and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or lung cancer, we urge you to contact us regarding your legal rights.
- Bethlehem Steel - Dangers Posed at the Open Hearths
- Cancer Risks from Coke Oven Emissions, Coal Tar & Coal Tar Pitch
- Family of Former Bethlehem Steel Employee Receives Large Settlement
- Large Settlement Goes to Bricklayer from Bethlehem Steel
- Lipsitz & Ponterio Obtains A Significant Settlement For A Former Bethlehem Steel Coke Oven Worker
- Progress on Claims for Atom Weapons Employees