- 2016 - 2013 - Selected as an Upstate New York Rising Star by Super Lawyers a Thomson Reuters publication
- October 2013 - New York State Bar Association, Product Liability Presentation
Keith R. Vona joined Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLC, in 2005, and he is a Junior Partner at the firm. Prior joining the firm, Mr. Vona served as a United States Marine and, for over ten years, he worked as a City of Buffalo police officer. He concentrates his practice in the areas of Asbestos Litigation and Lead Paint Poisoning.
In September 2011, Michael Ponterio, together with Neil McKinnon and Keith Vona obtained the first jury verdict in Western New York on behalf of a lead poisoned child. In November 2013, Michael Ponterio, Keith Vona and Zachary J. Woods, obtained a verdict on behalf of a Rochester, New York, child for injuries resulting from exposure to lead based paint.
Since 2006, Mr. Vona has has obtained over $50 million dollars in settlements on behalf of the firm’s mesothelioma clients.
Since 2008, Mr. Vona has been trial counsel in asbestos cases involving plaintiffs’ verdicts in excess of $17 million dollars:
- August 2014 - Michael Ponterio, Keith Vona and Mathew Morton, obtained a Bench Trial Decision awarding $3 million dollars to a former Durez worker.
- April 2014 - Michael Ponterio and Keith Vona, obtained a Bench Trial Decision in Buffalo awarding $3 million dollars to a former Durez worker with mesothelioma and his spouse for her loss of services and companionship as a result of his terminal cancer.
- March 2012 – Michael A. Ponterio, Keith Vona and Matt Morton, obtained a jury verdict in the amount of $325,000 on behalf of a Former Durez Plant Worker in Lung Cancer Case.
- December 2011 - Michael Ponterio and Keith Vona, obtained a jury verdict in the amount of $2 million dollars on behalf of a former Durez factory worker.
- July 2011 - Michael Ponterio and Keith Vona obtained a jury verdict in the sum of $2.5 million dollars against Ford Motor Company on behalf of a former chemist.
- November 2010 - John Comerford, Joseph Kremer and Keith Vona obtained a $1 million dollar verdict against John Crane, Inc., on behalf of a former tugboat engineer for injuries resulting from on the job exposure to asbestos.
- July 2008 - Keith Vona served as co-counsel in obtaining a $5 million dollar verdict for a former United States Navy boilerman. This verdict is believed to be the largest for a mesothelioma victim in Upstate New York.
News & Insights
Mentions in the Mesothelioma Community
- Former Durez Worker Represented by Lipsitz & Ponterio Receives Cash Settlement Over $2.5 Million in Asbestos Mesothelioma CaseSeptember 18, 2012
- Buffalo Jury Awards $ 2 Million Dollars to Gerald Failing in Mesothelioma Case Represented by Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLCDecember 8, 2011
- July 13, 2011
- November 12, 2010
- November 17, 2009
- September 4, 2008
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers' Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- American Bar Association
- Police Benevolent Association
- J.D., 2005, State University of New York at Buffalo Law School
- B.S., 2001, State University of New York College at Buffalo
- 2006 - New York State
- 2009 - Western District, New York State
- 2017 - Iowa