- 2017 & 2016 - Selected as an Upstate New York Rising Star by Super Lawyers a Thomson Reuters publication
John E. Richmond joined Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLC in 2015, and his work focuses on the representation of individuals who have been injured due to the negligence of others. Prior to joining the firm, he was an associate attorney at a New York City law firm where he gained valuable experience in asbestos and toxic tort litigation as trial counsel for workers and their families suffering from mesothelioma and other cancers.
While he continues to represent individuals in asbestos-related lawsuits in both state and federal court, Mr. Richmond also represents individuals who have sustained serious injuries or death as a result of negligence committed by professional healthcare providers. In addition, he represents individuals who have been injured due to negligent care in nursing homes and rehabilitation centers, and those injured in motor vehicle accidents and construction accidents.
While pursuing his Juris Doctor degree at Seton Hall University, Mr. Richmond served on the executive board of Interscholastic Moot Court. He was the recipient of an award for drafting the Best Brief in the 2009 Cardozo/BMI Entertainment Law Competition.
July 2017 - Obtained a $1.2 million dollar jury verdict in a medical malpractice lawsuit against two doctors at the University of Rochester Medical Center for failing to timely diagnose a female client's bowel perforation.
News & Insights
Mentions in the Mesothelioma Community
- Associate Fellow - The Litigation Counsel of America, Trial Lawyer Honor Society
- American Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- J.D., 2009, Seton Hall University School of Law
- Served on Executive Board of Interscholastic Moot Court.
- Recipient of an award for drafting the Best Brief in the 2009 Cardozo/BMI Entertainment Law Competition.
- B.A., 2006, Miami University
- 2010 - New York State
- 2009 - New Jersey
- U.S. District Court (New York Southern, Eastern and Western Districts)