- 2016 - Selected as an Upstate New York Rising Star by Super Lawyers a Thomson Reuters publication
John E. Richmond joined Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLC, in 2015, and his work focuses on the representation of individuals who have suffered injuries as a result of exposure to asbestos and other toxic substances. In addition, Mr. Richmond represents individuals who have sustained serious injuries as a result of negligence committed by professional healthcare providers. He was born and raised in Rochester, New York. Prior to joining the firm, he was an associate attorney at a New York City asbestos litigation law firm where he gained valuable experience in asbestos and toxic tort litigation as trial counsel for workers and their families suffering from mesothelioma and other cancers.
While pursuing his Juris Doctor degree at Seton Hall University, Mr. Richmond served on the executive board of Interscholastic Moot Court. He was the recipient of an award for drafting the Best Brief in the 2009 Cardozo/BMI Entertainment Law Competition.
July 2017 - Obtained a $1.2 million dollar jury verdict in a medical malpractice lawsuit against two doctors at the University of Rochester Medical Center for failing to timely diagnose a female client's bowel perforation.
- American Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- J.D., 2009, Seton Hall University School of Law
- Served on Executive Board of Interscholastic Moot Court.
- Recipient of an award for drafting the Best Brief in the 2009 Cardozo/BMI Entertainment Law Competition.
- B.A., 2006, Miami University
- 2010 - New York State
- 2009 - New Jersey
- U.S. District Court (New York Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts)