- Lipsitz & Ponterio Announces New Brakes and Mesothelioma Website
- As part of our continued service to the community of Western New York, we are pleased to announce the launch of our new website, Brakes and Mesothelioma, located at www.mesotheliomabrakes.com.
- Advantages to Mediation and Expedited Resolution
- In mediation, there are no judges or juries to make final, binding decisions; the parties themselves make their own agreements, and a mediator oversees discussions between parties. Benefits of mediation vary, depending upon a client’s needs and interests. In short, pretrial mediation is a useful tool in obtaining early resolution of cases.
- Interview with Don Holdaway - Dedicated Community Volunteer
- Recently, Lipsitz & Ponterio had the opportunity to sit down and discuss the good old days in the City of Tonawanda with Donald Holdaway, a longtime volunteer firefighter.
- Did You or a Loved One Work at Any of the Asbestos-Contaminated Plants Located Throughout Our Western New York Communities?
- You may have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease because you were exposed many years ago to asbestos-containing materials while working at one of the plants along the River Road. Even if you never handled this material yourself, you may have been exposed to harmful concentrations of asbestos because your co-workers handled or installed asbestos-containing products.
- Lipsitz & Ponterio Recovers Over $3 Million For Boilermaker
- Lipsitz & Ponterio recently obtained over $3 million in a settlement for a local union boilermaker for injuries resulting from job-related exposure to asbestos.
- Lipsitz & Ponterio Represents Victim of Occupational Allergic
- Regular skin contact with rubber products poses a risk of allergic contact dermatitis to a small but significant percentage of the population. Unless it is diagnosed and treated early, this type of dermatitis can result in total and permanent disability.
- Welcome Aboard
- As our firm continues to grow, we are pleased to welcome six new staff members to our office: Ian Buchalski, Charmain Jozwiak, Courtney Bajdas, Aaron Pontikos, Andrea McCarthy and Lisa Kimbrough.
- Asbestos-Laden Cupolas Exposed Foundry Workers to Harm
- Starting in 1985, wrecking crews began to demolish the buildings that made up the old General Motors’ foundry on Irene Street in the Town of Tonawanda. Since the 1970’s, government regulations have required that all asbestos be removed from a building prior to its demolition.
- General Motors/Chevrolet Foundry Worker Case Settled
- Lipsitz & Ponterio recently represented a gentleman from Holland, Michigan, who died at the age of 63 as a result of malignant mesothelioma. Our client worked at the General Motors/Chevrolet Foundry on River Road in Tonawanda, New York, from 1966 to 1984.
- Attorney Spotlight - John N. Lipsitz, Esq.
- John N. Lipsitz, Esq, is a founding partner of Lipsitz & Ponterio. Since 1985, he has represented workers suffering from industrial diseases, such as asbestosis and mesothelioma.