- Pokorney Scholarship Established for Cornell University Farrier Students
- In honor of her late husband, Denise Pokorney has established a scholarship fund endowment for students enrolled in the farrier course at Cornell. Doug was passionate about his horses and the time he spent giving presentations at numerous conventions and horse shows throughout the country.
- Lipsitz & Ponterio Publishes Two New Websites
- We are pleased to announce the launch of two new websites: Plastics and Mesothelioma, located at www.asbestosplastic.com and Carpenters and Mesothelioma, located at www.mesotheliomacarpenter.com.
- Former Donner Hanna Worker Sues Coke Oven Manufacturer
- Until it ceased production in 1982, Donner Hanna was, at one time, one of three coke oven operations in the Buffalo area. This facility produced metallurgic coke, a vital material used in the steel making process, as well as other coke by-products, including various chemicals, coke oven gas and coal tar.
- Eugene Jackson, Korean War Veteran, Shares Some Memories of Durez
- Lipsitz & Ponterio had the opportunity to sit down with Eugene Jackson, a former employee of Durez Plastics. Gene talked about the years he spent fighting in the Korean War and the jobs he held upon his return to North Tonawanda.
- Lipsitz & Ponterio Obtains $325,000 For Family of Accident Victim
- Lipsitz & Ponterio recently represented the widower of a seventy-six year old Ransomville, New York, resident who died from injuries suffered in a motor vehicle accident on December 11, 2008.
- Progress on Claims for Atom Weapons Employees
- Congress passed the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA) in 2000. The purpose of EEOICPA was to provide monetary compensation and medical benefits to atomic weapons workers who developed cancer as a result of radiation exposure, as well as to workers employed by atomic weapons producers who have developed chronic beryllium disease.
- Interview with Jim Hawley, Former Asbestos Insulation Worker
- Jim Hawley worked as an asbestos pipe coverer and insulator for almost forty years. He was a member of the Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers Local Union No. 4 in Buffalo, New York.
- Large Settlement Goes to Bricklayer from Bethlehem Steel
- The plaintiff worked throughout the Bethlehem Steel facility, including the Coke Oven Division, the Open Hearths, the Basic Oxygen Furnace, the Strip Mills, the Bar Mills and the Blast Furnaces. As a bricklayer, his work frequently involved relining the ovens and the furnaces and working in close proximity to outside contractors applying asbestos-containing insulation to steam pipes and other hot surfaces.
- Lipsitz & Ponterio Celebrates Its 15 Year Anniversary
- Michael Ponterio and I formed our law partnership in 1995. At that time, we had no way of knowing that fifteen years later our firm would become a leader in representing Western New Yorkers with claims for exposure to toxic substances and occupational disease.