- Former Supreme Court Judge Receives Substantial Settlement
- Earlier this year, LIPSITZ & PONTERIO obtained a settlement in excess of 1.6 million dollars for the family of a former New York State trial judge.
- 48-Year-Old Former Brake Worker Receives Multi-Million Dollar Settlement for NYC Case
- After 14 months of litigation, LIPSITZ & PONTERIO obtained a 5.6 million dollar settlement for a 48-year-old former brake worker and his family.
- Teacher's Family Awarded Multi-Million Dollar Settlement
- LIPSITZ & PONTERIO has obtained a cash settlement, in excess of 2 million dollars, for the family of a 42-year-old woman who passed away due to her physician’s negligence.
- Toys Recalled for Lead Content but Old Paint in Houses Poses Greater Risk
- The recent and pervasive news about toy recalls due to lead content or coating is disturbing, and parents everywhere have a right to be concerned. However, experts agree that lead poisoning suffered by children living in older dwellings within the city limits of Buffalo and Rochester is “almost entirely the result of deteriorated lead-based paint in housing.”
- Asbestos; Various Types of Exposure
- There are three types of asbestos exposure: exposure on the job, exposure through contact with people working with asbestos, and neighborhood exposure in manufacturing facilities.
- Buffalo Man Fighting Mesothelioma Wins Settlement
- A Buffalo area man, who as a teenager was employed part time remodeling homes, is battling for his life against the ravages of mesothelioma.
- WNY Workers Seek Compensation from Linde Ceramics and Bethlehem Steel
- Many dedicated Americans worked on the top-secret Manhattan Project, and its aftermath, at Linde, Bethlehem Steel and elsewhere throughout the country. They were unwittingly exposed to varying levels of radiation day after day, for years.
- New York State Unclaimed Funds
- You may not be aware, but the State of New York is currently holding billions of dollars in unclaimed funds.
- You Don't Have to Accept "No" From Your Health Insurance Company
- You do not have to accept NO from your insurance provider! But how do you turn that no into a yes?
- Durez: Beginnings and Memories
- Durez Plastics in North Tonawanda, New York will always be remembered by the community surrounding it for its role in exposing workers, and their families alike, to asbestos dust.
- Asbestos Bankruptcy Update
- As part of our representation of clients suffering from asbestos disease, LIPSITZ & PONTERIO files claims against a variety of bankrupt asbestos companies.
- Worker's Compensation Awarded to Widow for 1999 Death
- In 2005, our client came to LIPSITZ & PONTERIO seeking compensation for her husband’s 1999 death. Her husband spent his career working in the coke ovens at Bethlehem Steel in Lackawanna, New York.