- Niagara County Resident Receives $1.8 Million Cash Settlement in Medical Malpractice Claim
- After a lengthy battle with the lawyers and insurance carriers for local doctors accused of medical malpractice, LIPSITZ & PONTERIO has obtained a cash settlement for a thirteen-year-old Niagara County girl suffering from severe learning disabilities.
- Niagara County Sixth in Nation for Mesothelioma
- As reported in a recent article published in “The International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health,” Niagara County ranks sixth in the nation for the highest death rate from malignant mesothelioma.
- Children Continue to be at Risk for Lead Poisoning in Western New York
- Childhood lead poisoning continues to be a major public health problem, especially in the inner cities of Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse.
- Lipsitz & Ponterio Help Lead-Poisoned Children
- The attorneys at LIPSITZ & PONTERIO dedicate much of their time to representing children who have been injured by lead poisoning.
- Buffalo Man Obtains Justice in Fight Against Coke Oven Manufacturers
- LIPSITZ & PONTERIO represents a Buffalo man who worked in the Coke Oven Division at Bethlehem Steel Corporation for over thirty years.
- Rhode Island Wins Against Former Makers of Lead Paint Products
- The former companies responsible for making the lead-concentrated pigment in lead paint that contaminates much of the nation’s older housing stock were found liable for clean-up costs in the State of Rhode Island in a landmark jury case in February 2006.
- (Un)Fairness in Asbestos Injury Resolution Act
- The Fairness in Asbestos Injury Resolution Act, (FAIR) which came before the Senate earlier this year, has been tabled for now yet the question still exists, who would stand to benefit should the Act resurface?
- News of Asbestos Contamination From Around the Country: Libby, Montana
- Libby, Montana: population: approximately 3,000 – a sportsman’s paradise known for its breathtaking scenery and pristine mountains – is home to one of the worst cases of asbestos exposure in U.S. history.
- What You Should Know About Medicare Part D
- When Congress authorized the Medicare program’s new prescription drug benefit, known as Part D, two years ago, it let private companies offer the coverage instead of mandating that the government provide it as it does traditional Medicare benefits.
- Mesothelioma Case Settles for $1.5 Million
- LIPSITZ & PONTERIO represents the family of a former brake mechanic admitted to the hospital in the fall of 2004 after complaining of shortness of breath.
- Buffalo Woman Settles Auto Case for $400,000
- LIPSITZ & PONTERIO has settled an automobile negligence case for a Buffalo woman whose car was hit from the side as she proceeded through the intersection at Oak and Genesee Streets in January 2004.
- Welcome Aboard!
- We are pleased to announce that Anne E. Joynt and Keith R. Vona have joined our firm.