- Durez Death Toll
- Over the course of the last two years, many more of our clients have lost family members and friends to cancer resulting from asbestos exposure at the former Durez Plastics in North Tonawanda.
- Children Continue to be at Risk for Lead Poisoning in Western New York
- Childhood lead poisoning continues to be a major public health problem, especially in old urban centers where most homes were built before 1978.
- Are the Manufacturers Getting the Lead Out?
- We think it can be said that attorneys who have sued the former manufacturers of lead-based paint products to hold them accountable for their part in causing the scourge of lead poisoning in our cities, have, in some measure, helped push those manufacturers into limited community action aimed towards eradicating dangerous lead-based paint in old houses.
- Buffalo Man Sues Coke Oven Manufacturers
- A Buffalo resident who worked in the Coke Oven Division at Bethlehem Steel Corporation for over thirty years and is suffering from lung cancer is suing asbestos companies and the companies that built, designed and maintained the coke ovens.
- Coke Oven Fast Facts
- Fast facts concerning coke oven facilities.
- Crushing Verdict Against Asbestos Companies in Niagara County Case
- On November 5, 2004, a Niagara County jury delivered a stunning verdict against two asbestos companies held responsible for the mesothelioma cancer of a retired employee of the Ashland Oil Refinery in Tonawanda, New York.
- Lead Paint Legislative Update
- In the City of Rochester, two proposed bills have been introduced in the Common Council to amend the City Charter to promote a reduction of lead based paint hazards in city dwellings.
- Vioxx Claims
- Last September the nation and the world learned that Merck, the manufacturer of Vioxx, knew that the drug significantly increased the risk of heart attacks and strokes but did everything it could to keep this information from the general public.
- Pataki Seeks Changes for Payment of Nursing Home Care
- Most New Yorkers are aware that state and county expenditures on Medicaid coverage have been a source of budget woes, but how many are aware that our representatives may be inclined to adopt measures to restrict the rising costs that will put millions of people in harm’s way?
- Local Successes, We Can Help Your Lead Poisoned Children!
- We have sued dozens of negligent landlords and pushed our cases with countless hours of work to bring about settlements that will make a difference in the lives of these children.
- Home Asbestos Exposure Case Settles for $2 Million
- Last September, Lipsitz & Ponterio negotiated a settlement on behalf of a 60-year-old West Seneca woman who had recently contracted mesothelioma from asbestos she inhaled while washing her husband’s work clothes nearly thirty years ago.
- Autopsy - A Necessary Instrument
- The death of a loved one or a family member is always a traumatic event. If the deceased has a history of occupational exposure to asbestos, one of the particulars that needs to be attended to is the question of an autopsy.